Helping you find government information and services

Help and contact


Please do not contact for information on:

  • the progress of your visa application,
  • your eligibility for benefits or assistance, or
  • what extra information there is applicable to your personal circumstances.

We don't have access to the information required to answer questions. Therefore we are unable to respond. To answer these types of questions you will need to contact the relevant agency directly.

Coming to Australia

Department of Home Affairs

General Enquiries Form

Already in Australia

Contact the Australian service centre

From Europe

Contact the Europe service centre

From the Americas Region

Contact the Americas service centre

From another country

Find contact details for your nearest service centre

About myGov

If you have a question about a member service you access on myGov (for example tax or JobSearch) you will need to contact the provider.

Answers to common questions about myGov can be found on the myGov Need Help? page.

For all other questions contact the myGov helpdesk

About tax or superannuation

Contact the Australian Taxation Office

About Patents and Trademarks

Contact IP Australia

Questions about business

General business questions


For ABN (Australian Business Numbers)

Contact the Australian Taxation Office

For ACN (Australian Company Numbers) and Australian Business Names

Contact the Australian Securities and Investments Commission

Questions about customs, imports and exports

What to declare when coming into Australia

Contact the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources

Importing and exporting goods

Contact the Department of Home Affairs

Questions about identification or documentation

Birth, death and marriage certificates

Contact the relevant state or territory authority

Births, deaths and marriages registries by state

Police checks

Contact the relevant state or territory police service

Police checks by state